The sad truth is that all new versions of Yahoo! mail are disappointing. This may be a little personal when Yahoo makes us have a hard time using this service with frequent server errors. Many people rate Gmail higher than Yahoo Mail at the same speed. It’s spam blocker. Yahoo has too many spams, including IM spam.
In addition, POP access and disposable addresses require a new paid account to be used. We are concerned that someday in the future Yahoo will not allow users to access your account even if you have entered the correct ID and password. Once Yahoo mail is hacked, you can be very worried. Want to delete your account but suddenly realized that there are many important emails contained in it? What should I do now? Before we go on, let’s find out why Gmail won Yahoo Mail.
Why transfer from Yahoo! Mail to Gmail?
- Get faster email access as well as faster email sending and receiving. Powerful email search is equivalent to Google. Ability to filter out emails with attachments. Exe.
- Ability to block spam and less spam. Yahoo has too many spams, including IM spam. Yahoo! It also disappoints in the ability to distinguish legitimate emails and spam emails.
- Automatic forwarding for Gmail
- Supports email client access for Gmail: POP3, IMAP, SSL / TLS are supported, limited to SMTP. Yahoo only supports POP3 for certain areas.
- Gmail supports 52 different languages, while Yahoo only supports 27 languages.
- Gmail has text ads only in the mailbox display, not in messages. Yahoo has ads in the interface and email.
- Customize supported domains in Gmail using Google Apps
- Customization From can be set in Gmail
- Editing addresses is also available in Gmail
- IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera are only compatible with the new version of Yahoo Mail.
- Account expiration is available for 9 months of non-Gmail account activity over the 4-month period of Yahoo Mail.
- Other special features in Gmail: Messages are grouped into conversations, Basic HTML view provides faster access to slow connections, Label is used in Gmail instead of Yahoo folders.
So, we will share with you how to import all your contacts and emails from Yahoo to Gmail. There are many articles on the Internet about how to do this, but most of them do not work as expected. So we made some combinations and figured out how to get them to work the best.
How to transfer from Yahoo! Mail to Gmail?
1. Sign in to your Yahoo account.
2. If you are using Yahoo Mail Classic go to All new Yahoo mail. Click Options on the right side of the mailbox and select All new Yahoo mail.
3. If you select Options → Mail Options → Forwarding, you will see that this feature only appears in Yahoo Mail Plus and you will have to upgrade to $20.
4. Next, go to Yahoo inbox and select the display name at the top left. That is your name written in the form Hi, “your name”. Accessing Account Info appears after the drop-down box under the name. You may have to log in again to confirm.
5. On the Account Info page, scroll down and click on “Set language, site, and time zone” under Account settings and set Regional Site and language to Yahoo!. Next, save the settings.
6. Log out of your account, close all open browser windows, and then log back on. Click on the “I accept the Terms and Service” pop-up window if it appears. If not, you do not have to care about it.
7. Next, go back to the main mailbox page and select Options at the top, go to Mail Options and select Forwarding from the left margin. You will probably be surprised to see no more Upgrade to receive features.
8. Click on Yahoo! Access. Mail via POP and choose any option to download spam or not. That’s all you have to do with Yahoo.
9. Next, sign in to your Gmail account. If you are using the Basic HTML version of Gmail, click on “Switch to Standard View” at the top.
10. Go to Options, the gear icon at the top right and select Mail settings. On the Settings page, click the Accounts and Import tab. Next, click Import mail and contacts or Import from another address if you previously specified an account to import.
11. In the wizard that appears, enter the username, click Continue and enter the password and click Next. Select the import option and click on Start Import. It will take a few hours or sometimes up to 2 days to complete this entry. Click OK.
12. So you’re done, in a matter of minutes or hours, check your inbox or spam in Gmail to see your email and contacts imported from Yahoo. If you want to stop entering new messages, click Stop in the imported mail and contacts page at Gmail.